Think you could offer a work placement in the UK to an undergraduate or postgraduate student to help them put their course theory into practice? As a graduate you'll appreciate how valuable employability skills are in securing a job, and the University now has a dedicated team to help more students get a head start.
Working with local, national and international employers the University actively promotes placement opportunities to students. The skills students can pick up can help them be more employable - such as improving their teamworking, communication, report writing and problem solving skills.
These are just some of the benefits:
- Opportunity to pick up new ideas and up-to-date knowledge
- Cost-effective form of recruitment
- Opportunity to assess a student's potential for future employment
- The student can undertake projects which staff have previously been unable to devote time to
- Opportunity for staff to gain experience supervising students
- Good public relations as your organisation is seen to be investing in the future
- Opportunity to forge partnership links with the University